(Community Matters) the Entrepreneurs Foundation has launched a Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund – we’ll match the first $115,000 in contributions dollar for dollar.
Our approach could change in response to the rapidly changing situation – at this time, we are researching the greatest needs among the nine regions and which organizations have the ground resources to be most effective. We will deploy the same due diligence and attention to effectiveness as we used in distributing and helping raise over $1.5 million for earthquake relief in Haiti and nearly $500 thousand to helping Hurricane Katrina evacuees in Central Texas.
What we know today:
- 14.9 million Filipinos affected; 4.13 million displaced
- 5,560 dead; another 1,757 people still missing
- 204,131 still living in 1,031 evacuation centres
- Planting season ends in Jan – urgency in helping farmers plant rice & corn
- Reports from coordination hubs indicate that humanitarian partners need to expand their response programmes to more remote areas and islands in Eastern and Western Visayas Regions
- Water, sanitation and hygiene partners warn of potential disease outbreaks amid confirmation of faecal coliform in some water sources
Contributions can be made on-line at http://AmplifyAustin.org/TyphoonRelief or by sending a check to The Entrepreneurs Foundation – Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund; P.O. Box 684826, Austin, TX 78768