(Community Matters) Long time since we’ve enjoyed such a domestic day as yesterday – cleaning out the attic, moving winter coats to storage, cleaning out the pool house, cooking lunch, reading, writing, napping – Steven and Ron Berry making a new YouTube video for FuseBox. Then dinner at our favorite hole in the wall with one of our best friends, Kip Keller; dessert, wine & cigars in the pool house. Today, church, a couple of Easter brunches, a new friend moves in with us for a few weeks, hopefully evening champagne & nibbles with John Phillip & Francis. Easter is a good weekend. Much love to family, friends & neighbors.
(Community Matters) those to whom ASU Honorary degrees have been awarded:
* Cesar Chavez: The Mexican-American labor and civil rights activist was bestowed an honorary degree in 1992.
* Lawrence Douglas Wilder: The nation’s first African-American governor in Virginia received an honorary degree and delivered the commencement address at ASU in 2004.
* Rita Colwell: A microbiologist who was the 11th director of the National Science Foundation, received an honorary degree in 2004.
* John Christian: A long-serving lawyer and community activist, received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters in 2002.
* Jane Dee Hull: Arizona’s first elected female governor received an honorary degree.
* Alfredo Gutierrez: A long time Arizona legislator, was given an honorary doctorate in 2000.
* Kim Campbell: Canada’s 19th prime minister, received an honorary degree in 2005.
* Lord John Browne of Madingley: The President of the Royal Academy of Engineering and Chief Executive of BP, received an honorary degree in 2005.
* Peterson Zah: The one time president of the Navajo Nation was honored in 2005.
* Rex G. Maughan: The founder, president, and CEO of Forever Living Products and Terry Labs, was honored in 2002.